Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Berlina - open bonnet from outside?

oldmateadz

Alcoholic
Reaction score
Website
www.chambersofinsanity.com
Members Ride
VX Berlina S2 V6
Got a VX series 2 Berlina that I've been doing some engine work on. Disconnected the battery, etc.
She's all locked up and I stupidly shut the bonnet before reconnecting the battery. Can't use the key hole on the driver's side because some animal tried to break in, destroying it. And has no manual access (key hole) on the boot.

Help please?

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
Jack your car up, use a jack strand of course, connect jumper leads to the positive connection on the starter motor and body of car from underneath, connect other end to a charged battery or donor car. use remote to open car.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
If that fails....NRMA?

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V

lufkin

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Manual LS1 Statesman & VT V6 Calais
i worry about this with my new car, after i bought i realised they blanked the drivers side door lock and no boot hole, i'll be screwed if this happens to me :(

umair

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sold my car :(
Same thing happened to me and I freaked out. This is what I did without breaking anything. If you go underneath the car front end, you will see where the bonnet hook holds the bonnet. You will see that there is a big screw for adjusting the bonnet tightness. Simply, from underneath the bonnet, unscrew the screw with a very big flat screw driver. Once the screw is very loose, you will be able to lift the bonnet a little bit. The bonnet will not open, but will be very loose. Lift the bonnet, take a coat hanger and slip it inside the bonnet and slide the battery terminal to the battery to make contact and unlock the doors by remote.