Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Berlina S2 Gen3 5.7 and LPG

bennzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX II Berlina GenIII V8 5.7
with the way the petrol price is going at the moment, and i know the next price rise should hit $1.50 im really considering putting the Gen3 5.7L on gas.

what do you people think about putting the 5.7 on gas. My gas mechanic has given me the option to put an holden aftermarket gas system worth $3800 going through the injectors. i really wanted to keep it standard on petrol but if prices arent going to be stable im going gas with it.

so please feel free to express your opinions on this, will look right into this before i make the decision of course.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I thought only one company made a gas system to suit a Gen3? First thign oyu have to do is have a alloy/stell manifold made up to suit the gas system.

bennzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
they actually didnt have one untill just recently, but will see my gas mechanic to find out more details. but yea they only have just come out in the last month or so

bennzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
well when ur on minium adult wages at moment, it doesnt help with that, if prices were cheaper i wouldnt be thinking of this option, plus it also makes it hard because because i do very small trips to work and back each day

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
batemada said:
you think $1.50 is bad... try $1.79 for ULP 91 here in NZ

****ing hell!:cry:

batemada

Reaction score
Wellington, New Zealand (Yes i know yet another KI
Members Ride
2009 Gold Calais V Sportwagon
Murdoch said:
****ing hell!:cry:
arround 65+ cents of that $1.79 is tax alone. That price is in the city, in some parts of the country it is $2.30+ per liter for ULP 91.

Tax over here is a real killer. The government we have has added 40 cents worth of tax to petrol and diesel since they came to power 6+ years ago.

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
batemada said:
arround 65+ cents of that $1.79 is tax alone. That price is in the city, in some parts of the country it is $2.30+ per liter for ULP 91.

Tax over here is a real killer. The government we have has added 40 cents worth of tax to petrol and diesel since they came to power 6+ years ago.
49% is tax here so your refinery is making a killing
so by your fuel pricing tax = 88cents in oz @1.79
not long till we hit that price

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.
kill -9 said:
I thought only one company made a gas system to suit a Gen3? First thign oyu have to do is have a alloy/stell manifold made up to suit the gas system.

Impco is about to release dual-fuel kits for all Holden powered by the 5.7-litre LS1 V8.Phone an Impcos agent to check availability...

http://www.impco.com.au

Source: Daily Telegraph 22/07/2006 ( Graham Smith )

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
WAGON MAN said:
Impco is about to release dual-fuel kits for all Holden powered by the 5.7-litre LS1 V8.Phone an Impcos agent to check availability...

http://www.impco.com.au

Source: Daily Telegraph 22/07/2006 ( Graham Smith )

Thanks but no thanks, its hard enough finding a good burning real fuel, let alone a butane filled scrap fuel :p