Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Berlina - The Daily

Mistikal

Hoon in a Deluxe Pack
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Mistikal submitted a new Showcase Item:

VX Berlina - The Daily

Name: Andy
Model: 2002 VX2 Berlina
Colour: Black
Bodykit: Does an LED Lightbar count?
Engine Type: Ecosnot
Engine Mods: Zip... oh wait, chrome oil cap
Power: Little
Exhaust: Peashooter
Gearbox: Slugomatic
Diff: Chicken
Brakes: Squishy
Suspension: Kings SL all round, shortened KYB struts in the front
Wheels/Tyres: 18" V2 Monaro wheels, temporary - waiting on the 18" WH Grange wheels to come back
Interior: VZ SS Black Roof Lining, WH2 Caprice Dash Surround, WH1 Caprice Leather Seats F&R, WH2 Statesman International Leather Wheel
Stereo: Kenwood DAB Headunit, else stock
Other Mods: Nil
Build Period: Purchased 19th December 2018
Cost: Cheap!

This is just my daily hack, bought it for peanuts from a more prestigious car dealer "as traded", complete with Perth Yacht Club stickers on the windscreen, and aftermarket fitted rust on the tow pack - likely from launching boats. Car was stock as a rock when I got it, and had a number of faults which I am slowly rectifying through means of upgrade at the same time.

Plan is to keep it looking shabby so I give very few firetrucks about it in carparks, while keeping it reliable and comfortable as my main mode of transport.

On the to do list now:
- When current front brakes are due for replacement, fit my AP Racing 4-pot Calipers with 330mm Rotors
- Remove the overspray the previous owner added to the C pillar, bootlid and rear drivers door
- When above overspray is gone, repaint the rear quarter panel myself ... properly ... with spray cans ... in the carport
- Fit the complete stereo system I have sitting in the garage, motivation is low
- Fit the WH Grange wheels when I get them back from the repair shop
- Retint the car, current tint is junk
- Full engine and box service
- Engine mounts, both are a touch shagged
- Wheel alignment

Pic is pre-rooflining, and just after wheels and springs done.

ok84pIC.jpg

Read more about this showcase item here...