Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Berlina - The Daily

Mistikal

Hoon in a Deluxe Pack
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Been quiet for a few years, having not owned a Commodore for a while... I have returned!

Name: Andy
Model: 2002 VX2 Berlina
Colour: Black
Bodykit: Does an LED Lightbar count?
Engine Type: Ecosnot
Engine Mods: Zip... oh wait, chrome oil cap
Power: Little
Exhaust: Peashooter
Gearbox: Slugomatic
Diff: Chicken
Brakes: Squishy
Suspension: Kings SL all round, shortened KYB struts in the front
Wheels/Tyres: 18" V2 Monaro wheels, temporary - waiting on the 18" WH Grange wheels to come back
Interior: VZ SS Black Roof Lining, WH2 Caprice Dash Surround, WH1 Caprice Leather Seats F&R, WH2 Statesman International Leather Wheel
Stereo: Kenwood DAB Headunit, else stock
Other Mods: Nil
Build Period: Purchased 19th December 2018
Cost: Cheap!

This is just my daily hack, bought it for peanuts from a more prestigious car dealer "as traded", complete with Perth Yacht Club stickers on the windscreen, and aftermarket fitted rust on the tow pack - likely from launching boats. Car was stock as a rock when I got it, and had a number of faults which I am slowly rectifying through means of upgrade at the same time.

Plan is to keep it looking shabby so I give very few firetrucks about it in carparks, while keeping it reliable and comfortable as my main mode of transport.

On the to do list now:
- When current front brakes are due for replacement, fit my AP Racing 4-pot Calipers with 330mm Rotors
- Remove the overspray the previous owner added to the C pillar, bootlid and rear drivers door
- When above overspray is gone, repaint the rear quarter panel myself ... properly ... with spray cans ... in the carport
- Fit the complete stereo system I have sitting in the garage, motivation is low
- Fit the WH Grange wheels when I get them back from the repair shop
- Retint the car, current tint is junk
- Full engine and box service
- Engine mounts, both are a touch shagged
- Wheel alignment

Pic is pre-rooflining, and just after wheels and springs done.

ok84pIC.jpg

Mistikal

Hoon in a Deluxe Pack
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
'spose while I am here, should update this too!

Got the Grange wheels sorted - completely restored and repainted, they do look good.

Rear sandwich plate on the rear of the motor let go - meant gearbox out, strip the plate, new gasket, new rear main while I was there, and all was good again. Just been simple maintenance from there on in.

Did get around to fitting the rest of the stereo too, sounds decent.

Lowered it a touch more also, new struts in the front, few new bushes here and there also.

Got a full set of doors from a VT2 Calais in the same paint code, going to fit these in the next week or so as mine are full of dings and dents, where-as the replacements are pretty straight and paint is in better condition. Also got the passenger front guard, and the door strip off the drivers front guard, so it'll have Calais chrome down the sides now too.

I still need to attend to the poor paint on the rear drivers quarter panel, its getting really bad and heavily faded. Still hunting for a replacement bonnet and bootlid, then can get the C pillar overspray cut back, and the quarter panel painted properly. Once thats sorted, it'll be a real clean daily hack, that has so far proven to be quite reliable!