Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Calais electric passenger seat into Berlina? Any help would be fantastic?!

hwy747

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Berlina 5.7L / VW Golf GTi
Hi guys
First time poster here!
I have just installed a set of VX Calais leather electric seats into my VX Berlina, however I now have a problem. Rear seat, fine. Drivers seat, fine. Passenger seat, fail!! I need to connect the passenger seat to the electrics so I can adjust the seat (and also so I can move the seat backwards to at least bolt it in at the front!! Anyone know how to do this, or even how to move an electric seat backwards?

Any help would be GREAT!!

Thanks
Iain:bang:

M

mwb235

Hi Iain, this mod is very easy to do - all you need to do is connect the two wires from the passenger seat (red & black) to the same two wires (red & black) from the driver's seat.

I've attached a wiring diagram that should help you.

Being VX Calais seats you will also have a yellow (or orange) plug with two wires - these are for the side airbags in the bolsters, which came out on the VT series 1 Calais 50th Anniversary and VT series 2 Calais onwards (plus others including VT2 Acclaim onwards). If you want to connect these as well you'll need a 4-airbag harness and a 4-airbag sensor module (goes under the console, attached to floor) which you could get from any of the models i just mentioned. If you do connect the airbags just make sure it's done properly.

I don't know if a VT Berlina would already have the passenger side power seat plug, but i would doubt it.

Attachments

• VT-VX power seats wiring diagram.jpg
    VT-VX power seats wiring diagram.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 5,338
Last edited by a moderator:

HSV.KEEPER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX LUMINA Series 2
11 years later. Here’s me, discovering this problem like a noob. There’s no way to manually move the seat so your able to bolt in?