Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Calais - electric window issue

mtk1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX Calais V8
Hi all,

I've recently discovered a problem with the front passenger window of my 2002 VX V8 Calais.

The electric motor is making all the right noises, but the window has somehow fallen out of what was actually holding it in!

By that I mean, you can grab the window by your hands, and raise or lower it by yourself (yep, doesn't do much for my cars security).

Any ideas on what it might be and/or how to fix it? Or perhaps it's a common VX fault....I'm not sure.

If anyone out there can help, it would be appreciated.

Cheers

vx_commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 'S
Hi all,

I've recently discovered a problem with the front passenger window of my 2002 VX V8 Calais.

The electric motor is making all the right noises, but the window has somehow fallen out of what was actually holding it in!

By that I mean, you can grab the window by your hands, and raise or lower it by yourself (yep, doesn't do much for my cars security).

Any ideas on what it might be and/or how to fix it? Or perhaps it's a common VX fault....I'm not sure.

If anyone out there can help, it would be appreciated.

Cheers

You could probably just seat it back in, And re-glue.
It's held in on 2 point's on the bottom of the window, 2 plastic clip's that hold the window.
Then the plastic sit's in the metal runner, Sort of clipped in.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
It's not uncommon for the nylon runners to break or wear out. They are only a few dollars each to replace. To find out exactly what the problem is you will need to remove the door trim and have a look.