Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vx Calais garnish on vx equipe solved

max101cfh

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 vx equipe s2
Hi guys I just bought a vx Calais boot garnish, and want to put it in my vx equipe (standard painted garnish) and want to know what I have to do to get the lights working on the Calais garnish. There is heaps of posts about replacing the vt garnish with vx but nothing from the exec ect to Calais ect.
Any help with this will be appreciated

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin VX II Berlinas - "Vanessa" and "Geraldine"
Swap the wiring harness as well.

max101cfh

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 vx equipe s2
Just in case anyone was interested in doing this to to a vx (not for a vt as far as I know) exec, ss or other base models found a way to do it, also I'm not auto electrician so I take no responsibility to what happens to your car it worked for me may not for you. I bought a berlina/calais garnish loom longer the better and 2 tail light looms and spliced the garnish loom into my tail light loom. The colors match the tail light loom (brake/parkers have 3 wires) I done one side made sure it worked then the other side. (if you use your brakes and parkers come on or when you brake the cluster lights up like you have your headlights on you have a bad earth and have to find it) if you have done it right everything should be fine you should have parkers/brake lights working in the garnish. Also there might be an easier way to do this but I didn't want to splice into my body/boot harness, so I did it this way

Last edited: