Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vx Calais International

Sphector89

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 2 Vx Berlina
So there is an international with 167k on the clock going for a good price, $6500 down from $8500 which is a good price imo. Do you guys think their value will eventually start to increase a bit since there was only 350 made and Holden stopping production large cars in the near future? I get my fulls in 3 months and really want an 8, I have a vx Berlina in the same color and i love it so the Calais would be a great step up. Any input would be great, only bad thing about the car is that it is unregistered. It might have a cat back exhaust judging from the pics but seller doesn't mention it.
Add: HOLDEN CALAIS VX INTERNATIONAL HEAVY PRICE REDCUTION | Cars, Vans & Utes | Gumtree Australia Charles Sturt Area - Hendon | 1064300364
Cheers
Josh

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
'Carcycle' ? Looks like a car yard. They can rego it for a start.

BlackoutSteve

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice LS1
Depends on what you mean by "eventually"..
It won't be collectable for several decades -if at all. ..It will continue to devalue as you put Ks on it. ..You'll need to spend money on maintaining it. ..And even if it held onto the price you paid for it today, inflation will eat it.
If you want a VX that will hold onto it's value, buy a Monaro, but if you find they are a lot more expensive than a Calais, then there's your answer. ;)

In otherwords, no. :)

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Value wont go up enough to ever make it worthwhile. Especially with that many k's on it already.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
So there is an international with 167k on the clock going for a good price, $6500 down from $8500 which is a good price imo. Do you guys think their value will eventually start to increase a bit since there was only 350 made and Holden stopping production large cars in the near future? I get my fulls in 3 months and really want an 8, I have a vx Berlina in the same color and i love it so the Calais would be a great step up. Any input would be great, only bad thing about the car is that it is unregistered. It might have a cat back exhaust judging from the pics but seller doesn't mention it.
Add: HOLDEN CALAIS VX INTERNATIONAL HEAVY PRICE REDCUTION | Cars, Vans & Utes | Gumtree Australia Charles Sturt Area - Hendon | 1064300364
Cheers
Josh

I totally loved these cars when they were new and nearly bought one. Still do like them. As for collector status and making a $?? Forget it. In time if kept immaculate they will appreciate in value a bit like any old car does but be prepared to hang onto it for a good 10+ years at least. If you are buying it for investment, put your money else where.

96calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 vs calais series 1
I'm a bigger fan of the vt international I know there was 350 of them made, was Vx the same.