Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX calais S2 rear cradle in VX S1 Spac? WILL FIT????

vx_commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 'S
hey guys, this afternoon i have the chance to buy a Series 2 Calais ajustable rear cradle but before i buy i was woundering if anyone would know if it would bolt strait up to a series 1 VX Spac??
Im pretty sure it would but i thought i should just make sure first..Thanx heaps.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
I looked into this when I was looking at this schmick 15th anniversary VX1 R8 and from what I remember pretty sure it just bolts straight in but you also need to use the later shocks as there is a slight difference in length.
You will also need to get a rear wheel alighnment after you fit it.

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
It will bolt straight in no probs. Good idea to replace the sub frame to chassis bushes while you are there. Make sure you replace the 2 mount bolts as they are the most highly torqued bolt on the car (except the balancer bolt) and are a one shot deal at 180Nm of torque.

vx_commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 'S
Thanx guys, would have thought holden would have got this problem sorted in the series 2 VT. So i will need new shocks? anything else i will need?, the cradle im buying comes complete with tailshaft- LSD diff -axles ect but i think if possible i will use all my stuff just coz i know it all works.(LSD also)
Once i start i wont be able to get around so want to make sure i have all the bits before i start. hopefully all will go well coz at the moment i really dont like what the original one is doing to my tyres, I have factory fitted FE-2 suspension and after only 1500K's they are very badly worn on the inside.
Thanx heaps for the quick help.

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
Don't worry about shocks. They are a bolt in proposition so as long as yours are in good order they will be fine