Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Calais

Axleboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais SuperV6 Series 2
You should, here's a pic of my grill.

vxcalaissv6s2.jpg

beaker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
awsome, cheers for the pic axleboy, that grille looks brilliant.
am definately sold on the idea now. :yeah:
nice looking car you got, love the look of chrome on black! :thumbsup:

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
13.0 IS bloody great for a VX Calais, you must have some decent work done there.

matsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS UTE
wow man, love your car always had a soft spot for the vx calais. looks awesome good wooork!

beaker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
Hey Cheers Guys,
haven't updated this in a long time..
made some changes this time last year, but haven't done any mods since.

stripped the grille back to chrome wich made my headlight look pretty rough.. haha, so fitted some chrome ones.
removed the airbags, and refitted FE2 front and rear shocks with Pedders lowered springs, sits slightly lower than stock, a bit higher than what i was used to , but it's grown on me.

then the "toughened" trans started slipping again (january) so was repaired for the 3rd time i think.. so have since stopped racing it. pretty dissapointed with that really, in hindsight, should have just left it standard. the annoying part is, the money now spent on the trans could have paid for a manual conversion. haha. will do that on the next one :doh:

refitted the standard diff again. 3.08:1.. nice and cruisey. but still spins the wheels all over the place, particularly the 1st-2nd gear change on moderate - hard accelleration :spot on:
the 3.46:1 manual diff really brings the auto's to life tho! i'd recommend it to anyone after a quick easy, realtively cheap upgrade.

YouTube - VX Calais 12.9 sec sleeper

thanks ScoHar, yeah, it's had plenty of work done over the years, and runs pretty well, haven't improved on the 12.7 tho.

matsv6, nice looking VZ man, and 6spd, awsome. i see you had a bagged wagon too! and looks like same mags i used to have. cool.

Sphinx

O.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais II LS1
12.7 ain't too shabby at all. time to get some decent tread and see what mine can do!