Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vx Clubsport Wiring diagram

Haacky88

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Clubsport series 1
Hi just wondering if anyone had vx clubsport/hsv wiring diagrams for the fuel pump relay. As the generic vx gen 3 diagrams are different to mine in regards to the earth wire to the relay
Thanks in advance

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Try these and see how you go......

Attachments

• Gen III pcm 3.pdf
    520.5 KB · Views: 601
  • Gen III pcm WHII.pdf
    570.4 KB · Views: 479

Haacky88

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Clubsport series 1
Thanks mate. they are the same as I have been looking at, the fuel pump relay earth wire is a black wire not a b/w and goes back into the main harness and heads back towards the inside of the car. I’m wondering if the earth wire on the hsv is controlled by something as well

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Are you sure you are looking at the correct wire?
I'm only saying this, as I've just gone through the entire Holden Factory Service Manual regarding the fuel pump
relay for ALL models and all the the fuel pump relay earths, are colour coded Black/White.
The earthing location (E3) for the relay, is located just to the right of the driver's side headlight, near the battery (see the attached pdf below). Probably best to take the battery out, to gain better access.
See if you can find the Black/White wire there (at the earthing point) and try and trace it back to the relay.

Attachments

• E3 earth location.png
    E3 earth location.png
    180.6 KB · Views: 634
Last edited:

Haacky88

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Clubsport series 1
Yea mate 100% sure, I cut open the main wiring harness to trace it further back into the cabin, and checked for continuity from the relay holder up to where it goes into the firewall, I’ll take a photo next time I’m at the car. I gave the fuel pump relay an earth back to that e3 earth block so it runs and works now. I’m just curious now tho as I’m thinking possibly that it’s earthed by the ESS system being a hsv...

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Don't know what's happening there....
But i can tell you that the PCM does deliver 12v to trigger the relay and the fuel pump is powered directly from the battery, via a fuse.

VT2Commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8
It's the ESS.