Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX clutch problems. PLEASE HELP!!

harvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S pack S2
Hey guys im really hoping someone can help!!

I have had my vx manual s pack for about a year now, (its done 180,000) never had any troubles at all with it! my clutch is getting very heavy which make me think i need it a new clutch which is simple but its not just that, whenever i put the clutch in to change gears the revs go up by about 400-600 revs. the only exception to this is when i put it in gear take my foot of the accelerator for about 2-3 seconds and then there is a small grab in the engine kinda like the brakes have been put on slightly or like slight engine braking, if i put the clutch in while its doing this the clutch works normal and the revs drop immediantly! even sitting in nuetrel just iddling the car will sit on 1-100-1300 revs for probably 10 seconds before it calms down to a normal idle! CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ITS DRIVING ME INSANE!

thanks guys :thumbsup:

Last edited:

MrWoot

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S2 Manual
my car does the exact same thing, although not as badly, its on 180,000 to
Each time I go to change gears it does this little rev like i have left my foot on the pedal (i havnt because I became paranoid that i was so took notice)
I just a little rev of 200-300 like you say.

Would lvoe to know the answer also, my clutch was replaced a year ago.

harvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S pack S2
yeah its been getting worse and worse! let me know if ya find out!! cheers mate

WK Woody

Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 WK Caprice + VK berlina
Its normal. Its called a dual mass flywheel. The car blips the throttle automatically every time you change gear supposedly to make the gearchange smoother

harvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S pack S2
but it didnt do it when i got it and its gettin worse! and it still wont idle properly cos of the revs taking so long to drop???

commo_boy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute
What i have noticed in my car and a couple of my mates have the same car and the same thing happens, when your accelerating hard and hit the clutch to change gears like you would in a normal car, the revs lift a bit. But try holding the revs slightly before you change gears and see if it is as noticeable. It might just take a bit of getting used to. It does make a smooth gear change ;)
I dunno bout your car revving high when you stop tho...