Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vx com rough idle / jumpy / jerky after service, wtf????? 8-/

vxberlinav600

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore berlina series 1 v6 auto stock
HI ALL

my car;

vx berlina 2000 series 1 v6 3.8 automatic

problem:

Serviced on tuesday 30th oct 2012, reassessed by mechanic this thursday, no solution....

service included:

sparks (brand?)
leads (top gun)
fuel filters (brand?)
oil filter (ryco)
new oil (valvoline)

injector cleaner x1 bottle wynns
tank of premium fuel

picked up car at mechanic.. straight away notice idle isn't right, engine jerky / jumpy every 2-5 seconds, when idle and driving at 100k's, does this in all gear positions... it will not go away....Before the service, the idle was smooth as!

Any ideas whats going on? ...the mechanic didnt seem to really care about the issue! wtf!

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
It is possible that one of the leads or plugs is faulty or the mechanic stuffed one up. Check to see that all the leads are pushed on firmly.

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
If they are all on firmly try disconnecting each lead from the plug. If the problem gets worse, that plug and lead are OK. If the problem stays the same, replace that plug and/or lead (most likely plug).

thebot123

Compulsive JC User
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Commodore 1993, VT Commodore 1997
Could be a few things mate when I serviced the mrs vt I dropped a spark plug mind you it was not a big drop and that turned out to knacker it one faulty spark plug caused the idle to go erratic like it was begging for fuel like it was running on empty you could feel it when you accelerated.

I doubt the leads are damaged if there new if anything he may have put a wrong lead on the wrong plug if he didnt do 1 by 1.

If the leads n plugs are fine I can the only thing I can think off is he may have put your fuel,filter on backwards?

vxberlinav600

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks accentstencil, Mick1988, thebot123

goin back mon morn to check all s/plugs -- ill mention the f/filters 2 mechanic

i reckon its a bad s/plug, but who knows - nil error codes showing up's a good thing -- ill let ya's know monday night cheers guys..

vxberlinav600

Reaction score
Members Ride
*SOLVED* you all had the right idea....

Problem was INCORRECT PLUGS installed by mechanic, the gap was prob out too.

So car is running smooth now, a simple 260$ service has turned into a 600$ cost.

CAMDEN HAVEN TYRE & BRAKE @ LAURIETON NSW = SUCKS....BIG TIME!!

THEY HAVE LOST MY CUSTOM FOR GOOD, A PATHETIC BLASE SERVICE, THE MECHANIC THERE COULDNT EVEN FIGURE IT OUT AFTER GOING BACK 3 TIMES, HE WENT TO EGR, THEN TO AIR FILTER, INLET MANIFOLD, SENSORS (WITHOUT ANY ERROR ALERTS) THEN TO RADIATOR, THEN TO COIL PACK, THEN TO THIS THEN TO THAT, THE ######## EVEN WANTED ME TO TOSS SOME STOP-LEAK THRU THE RADIATOR....JUST WANTED TO SKIN ME FOR LABOR COSTS WHICH THIS SERVO DID ... I WEN TO RIVERVIEW SERVO, NORTH HAVEN NSW THE DYKES FIXED THE PROBLEM STRAIGHT AWAY....END OF RANT :)

thanks 4 tha help again chaps...