Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vx commodore ac compressor

Kain_jg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx berlina s2 v6
Hey guys I have a vx Berlina series 2, I’ve had a problem with the aircon in hot heat where it sounds like it drawing to much power and makes a humming noise when accelerating, doesn’t do it in cooler weather.

also when the mode is on facial it’s always coming out of the window dismisster even when it’s on other modes it’s always coming out of it

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Sounds like there is a problem with the vacuum control system for the vents.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
As immortality said. The attached file may help you.

Attachments

• VX Vacuum Line Check.pdf
    460 KB · Views: 157

Kain_jg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx berlina s2 v6
No worries cheers for that!

any clue about the ac compressor? I spoke to couple people and they have mentioned to check the grounds because it sounds like a power issue

mirrabucca

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pack (Devil Yellow)
Has anyone checked the pressure in the AC system? As said, the vacuum system that controls the vents may be the problem with the air not coming out of the right vents, probably not the noise when it's working hard.
I have heard VX AC compressors sometimes leak where the two halves are joined. Mine did. This was pre covid so maybe 2019 - ish. The AC wasn't as cold as I thought it used to be. Got a mobile AC guy out to check it. Pressure checked out as per Holden specs (AC has never been serviced, owned the car since 2002 - 17000 k's). But it did have oil around the join in the compressor. So he did a service and added leak detection bright green dye. A few days later, the oil around the join was green.... Quoted about $1000 to replace the compressor plus receiver drier etc etc. AC was still blowing cold at that stage.
And it still is... Only thing I did was tighten the compressor bolts that hold it together. But I have to say, it hasn't really been hot yet this year (2022) and the AC doesn't drag the engine power down as much as it used to.

Kain_jg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx berlina s2 v6
Nah since I’ve owned it it hasn’t been checked! Might have to do it cheers for that :)

Bay 13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT.
I say your compressor is rooted, hence the winding noise, a bad diode maybe. Been of that age without a service and with the leaks best to replace it..