Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vx commodore Boot wont shut

Sh3lly

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Vx
Hi i have a vx Commodore, the boot wont shut, The striker is hitting half way on the latch and striker wont close shut. Any idea what it could be ?

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Has it always been like that, or what has happened/changed to cause the problem (like an accident)?

One thing you could try, there are a number of rubber mounts that support the boot lid when its closed. Try adjusting them lower by turning them clockwise. Just turn them, say half a turn or so until the boot closes. Don't over do it - the boot needs to be under some tension otherwise it won't "pop open" when required.

BowTie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr vt
Something may have bent or moved the chassis hook. It can be adjusted by loosening the bolts or bending it.
At a guess, I reckon loading/unloading heavy things from the boot has bent or moved it a couple of mm.

Aus78Formula

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubsport
X2 had to swap my latch a few weeks ago too. Opened it to put work bag in but it just bounced when closed. The tensioning wire clip internally had broken.

Richard O'Donoghue

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS S2 5.7 Auto
I had this issue not too long ago. In my case the chassis hook bolt had become loose and had sunk down a little into the boot. I just pulled it up and tightened the bolt. Jobbie done.

JAAV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR wagon, 5 ltr ski boat, VS ute, VT calais.
There is an internal spring that breaks and if you drop the replacement one while it in the unlock position the bloody spring will come off.. have to cut them open to replace spring.. Buy a replacement lock assy