Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Commodore - Camber Kits and Where is BEST TO GET THEM DONE.

VX01SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-01-SS
Hey there, I have a VX SS Commodore - and like most owners I am sure have or will have experience some kind of WHEEL - CAMBER problems..... Well this is the problem i am experiencing right now with my car. Being now I know for sure that this is what is happening I now have the BIGGEST problem of all and thats finding a good place to get it fixed at, as where I am there is a hand full of mechanics but none which are good enough to do this job and do it right - but at least they all tell me this and say to go else where like Brisbane/New Castle/Sydney as there the guys would do this kinda stuff all the time.
SO HELP ............ can anyone recommend a good - I mean the BEST place to get the camber done. I live far north coast of NSW so Brisbane-Tweed area isn't to far away but hey don't mind driving so anywhere on the east coast will be good too!...Cheers everyone.

jazza15

Jarryd
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT II S
Most mechanics can fit a camber kit and adjust it to the minimum camber setting that you can get out of the bush. If you have a bush press, it is not a hard job at all.
What you need is a place that can do a camber bend, which will get more camber out of the control arm and the kit will finish it off, to achieve as close to or exceed factory camber specs. If you can get less than 1 degree on each side then you have done very well and it was a very worthwhile move, while anything less than 1.5 degrees is still very good.
Any further quesries, do a search through this forum as this topic is covered just about every week.

brad_m_is

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX Calais
Mermaid suspension on the gold coast highway