Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vx commodore cruise control turns off when not engaged

altaaf

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
hi guys i looked everywhere but i could not find a fix to the problem
for the last week or so i have noticed that my cruise control turns off when not engaged and will not turn back on until i turn the car off and on but when it is engaged it has no issues
i have checked the brake cruise switch and all the lights
thanks for the help in advance

try_again

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra CX6 and VF SS Storm Sportwagon
I know you have mentioned the brake switch, but have you tried applying the brakes whilst driving then seeing if the cruise re-engages?

altaaf

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
I know you have mentioned the brake switch, but have you tried applying the brakes whilst driving then seeing if the cruise re-engages?

hi the cruise does not re-engages because both lights on the dash goes out the cruise and the active light
i tried it today as soon as i apply the brakes for about 5 seconds or more that's the time cruise control turns off and i have to turn the off and on to use cruise again

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
Hi, I don't know the solution but am having a kinda similar problem with my VR ute. Anyone out there able to help us.
Mine basically sometimes works then turns off and doesn't work. Then only works again when it wants to (always after I turn the car off and restart it though)