Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Commodore deadlock issue

rickburt

Reaction score
Hi
When i deadlock my car the headlights come on and the interior light flashes 3 times but it only happens if i leave my lights on can any one help me. But this problem doesn't happen all the time sometime your can deadlock it and the lights don't come on and other times it does. thanks

VryNeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL EXEC
dont leave ur lights on?

rickburt

Reaction score
well that defeats the purpose of having auto off lights then

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore SII Olympic Edition
sounds like there is an Electrical fault somewhere between your auto lights switch and your BCM.

can you elaborate on what vehicle Eg, VX Commodore (we know this ) but is it a calais, berlina, Executive..... acclaim..... please post some more info and i'll be able to helpout better as they have Different BCMs.

Gator

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II STATESMAN GEN 3 V8
Lots of possibilities here. Did the lights come on as you locked the car or is it possible they were on all along? Does it happen at day or night or both? Do the lights turn off automatically after a time? Have you checked that the Light Sensor on the Remote Receiver Module, that's that dark shiny part at the top and in the middle of the dash, isn't covered by anything? That can make the system think it's night and turn on the lights as it is designed to do, lighting your path to the front door!

Rots a Ruck!

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore SII Olympic Edition
interesting, i didnt think that the Equip came with the Auto Lights Feature, but i would check the connection between the ECU and the Light Switch and then check the Light sensor and remote receiver module like gator suggested.

Gator

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II STATESMAN GEN 3 V8
I'm happy to concede to the experts. Mine were merely suggestions. Don't have access to the info that fitz_vt has, so will but out now.