Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX commodore E-4

BFXR6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Falcon XR6
i may have posted my topic in the wrong area so ill post it up here aswell:

hey every1 ive just signed up here. i drive a 2007 BF mark 2 Ford Falcon XR6 6 speed auto, great car however i also have a 2001 VX commodore S pack which has started displaying an E-4 Code when ever a disc goes in and spits it back out.

i know my way around the falcon and all its fault codes etc and i was hoping someone here may be able to help me out with the commodore. i fear the headunit is on its way out. if thats the case i guess its time to go aftermarket

thanks

BFXR6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Falcon XR6
thanks for the reply. ive got a AU falcon Double DIN single disc headunit in it at the moment but it doesnt suit the dash very well. was hoping there was a quick fix on this 1 if not time to pull it apart. parents will love that its their daily

trentvy

Dodges raindrops
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy S pack
removing the stereo isnt a big drama in the vx. search the forums for a thread on how to remove head unit in vx its easy.

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac SII Raptorcharged
you can buy radio pulls for commodores for like $10 on ebay or ur local autobarn or supercheap
or u can just make them with an old coat hanger

SMIT

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT C2R TURBO 5SP + CRUNCH VE SSV 6SP
you can buy radio pulls for commodores for like $10 on ebay or ur local autobarn or supercheap
or u can just make them with an old coat hanger

Except its not a eurovox unit, same keys should work with the standard AU h/u from memory.

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
I think he's talking about actually pulling the Eurovox unit apart guys, dosent sound like he needs help removing the head-unit from the car....he's already changed the stock unit to an AU one ;)