Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Commodore Electrical

Jowewe

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Berlina 3.8 Supercharged V6
Hey guys,

About 3 weeks ago I pulled my hand break slightly going around a corner (joking around with my brother) and about 10 seconds after that my dash beeped and some lights went off on my dash (abs, trac control, check engine, airbag and the oil light stays on for bout 20 minutes) I took it to the mechanic and he says the scan tool won't communicate sooo really donno what to do here... Don't know how pulling the handbreak can cause my car to **** up like this

I also disconnected the battery overnight to reset the ecu but not too long after drinking it the lights went back on

I appreciate everyone that stops replys to this post

H

harrop.senator

Unplug the abs module after leaving the battery un plugged awhile. If everything goes off but the abs and maybe the traction? Then it shows its in the abs system.

Jowewe

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cool, I'll check the abs module out

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
You need to get your car scanned with a Tech2 (or equivalent) scan tool to identify the actual error codes that cause the lights to come on. Otherwise you are just guessing on the cause and potentially throwing money away replacing parts that aren't causing the problem. There are a number of forum members in Melbourne that may be able to assist you with your scan tools. Where in Melbourne are you located (suburb)?

Alternatively, since you have a V6, you should be able to display your error codes using the link below. Note that bridging pins 5 &6, give you engine/trans codes, and bridging pins 5 & 12 give you ABS codes.

Jowewe

Reaction score
Members Ride
You need to get your car scanned with a Tech2 (or equivalent) scan tool to identify the actual error codes that cause the lights to come on. Otherwise you are just guessing on the cause and potentially throwing money away replacing parts that aren't causing the problem. There are a number of forum members in Melbourne that may be able to assist you with your scan tools. Where in Melbourne are you located (suburb)?

Alternatively, since you have a V6, you should be able to display your error codes using the link below. Note that bridging pins 5 &6, give you engine/trans codes, and bridging pins 5 & 12 give you ABS codes.

[/URL]
I actually took it to the mechanics to scan the codes so I assume that they would know what they were doin

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
They might not have the correct scan tool for your car.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Correct, ALDL is used for VR, VS, VT, VX, and VY Commodore V6 models.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
busted abs module tends to drive other systems crazy. which would explain why the mechanic is having issues.