Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Commodore Error Codes. T01 T02 ect list??

vx_commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 'S
Hey again all, i have been looking for a list of error codes (DTC?) for quiet a wile now but no luck,
Looking for a list of errors in the secret VX menu,(mode + up)
Its got like T1 T2 all the way up to T31, some with "nu" and some with H- or HC next to them, I know thats History and History Current,
Any one know where i can get the error code list?
I did the paperclip test in the OBD port but i cant figgure out what its telling me so now im more intrested in the dash trouble codes. Plus my greggorys book tells me that on the VX you cant do the paperclip test, only on the VT's it can be done. Vx you need Tec2.

Also anyone know how i can delete History codes? i have dissconected the battrey and put multimetre on the battrey leads and foot on brake and left it on 0v for like 2 hours and still dident delete the codes,
Thing that has got me is once i did that and it worked! it deleted/reset all the errors ,but after putting new VY motor in and getting all new codes (from all sensors being dissconected) it just wont delete them no matter what i do!...is there a surefire way of doing it? i have read alot of stuff but all rubbish that doesent work...
Thanx in advance, Sorry if this is a confusing thread..

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
As far as I know you can't get error codes from the cluster display. You can do the paper clip method to the V6 but not the V8, for that you need a Tech 2 or similar scan tool.
You say you can't clear error codes but how do you know you have error codes if you can't understand the code for the flashing engine light when checking with the paper clip method.
There are some threads here on how to read error or fault codes.
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/checking-error-codes-vt-vx.23665

vx_commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 'S
in the dash trouble codes i have some that have H- next to them wich means it has logged a fault and thats what i want to clear,and some have HC and would like to see what they are, because after putting the new motor in it logged quiet a few history codes caused by disconected sensors ect and the first few seconds of the motor's first start it thought there were a few things wrong but only because the motor was new and had to settle in. its all fine now but i just want to clear all the T codes so its a frest start to a new motor.
Im not refering to the flashing check engine light as error codes, im not really bothering with that side of things at this stage ill prob let holden deal with that, all i wana do it check what errors i have on the DTC and after i have checked i want to clear them and start frest, thats why i was looking for the DTC code list.
Thanx for your reply.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
VT-VX Hidden Trip Computer

you cannot clear display codes without a tech2 or similar
you should be more concerned with the ECU codes than the display codes

luminals

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lumina LS
in the dash trouble codes i have some that have H- next to them wich means it has logged a fault and thats what i want to clear,and some have HC and would like to see what they are, because after putting the new motor in it logged quiet a few history codes caused by disconected sensors ect and the first few seconds of the motor's first start it thought there were a few things wrong but only because the motor was new and had to settle in. its all fine now but i just want to clear all the T codes so its a frest start to a new motor.
Im not refering to the flashing check engine light as error codes, im not really bothering with that side of things at this stage ill prob let holden deal with that, all i wana do it check what errors i have on the DTC and after i have checked i want to clear them and start frest, thats why i was looking for the DTC code list.
Thanx for your reply.

When you see H- press and hold Up and Down arrow together and it will be erased. H- means History error and can be erased by pressing and holding up & down arrow together.