Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Commodore Eurovox Wiring Diagram

J

jaygreenberg

Hey All,

I need a copy of the VX Commodore Eurovox Wiring Diagram, so that I can hook up my pioneer head unit onto the factory VX Steering Wheel controls in my S.

I've already got the VT Wiring Diagram, however I need the one for the VX that includes the wires for the steering wheel controls.

Thanks for any help.

Jay

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
The Black/Red & Black/Yellow wires in the small six pin connector. i will try to post the diagrams tomorrow

Cheers Rob

J

jaygreenberg

Rob,

Unfortunately your post didn't make much sense to me, I've got no idea about this stuff.

If you could post that wiring diagram, I can take that directly to the JBHiFi guy for the install.

I'd REALLY appreciate that diagram.

Thanks heaps for your help.

Jay

VXWAGMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series 2 V8 Berlina Wagon A4
Can you make sense of the colour codes for me please from the plug.

B/W = ?
B/Y = ?
BR = I assume earth
O/B = ?
V = ?

thanks

TigerVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Commodore
As mentioned by Dr Bob, the wires you want are only the Black/Red and Black/Yellow.
That is Black wire with Red Stripe
and Black wire with Yellow Stripe.

VXWAGMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok could you tell me what these represent though please.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
The Black/Yellow is the supply from the bcm 5vdc
the brown is the signal
dont mess with the others the are nothing to do with it

Rob

VXWAGMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
ok cheers. now i have something to work with when i try to interface the SWI-X with it. I just needed some idea what had power runnign through it so i dont blow something up.

VXWAGMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm Wondering if anybody in here has any clue on this or could help me. I see that the holden steering wheel controls have brown as the signal wire. I have a SWI-X controler which is something I purchased from the US and probably is setup for US or international car wiring. I have 4 choices with signal wire but I'm not entirely sure what to choose. I can choose either WHITE, YELLOW, ORANGE or GREEN as the wire of choice for signal. I am not game yet to just try them one at a time as they may use voltage and may damage the unit. Has anybody seen one of these units before or has any experience with them? the unit looks like this:

sjgreatdeals101_1873_34377625

I'm kind of going into uncharted teritory as I don't see many people who have sucessfully installed one of these things into a Commodore. The manual only gives colour codes that represent certain models and makes of car and won't actually say what each wire does except the red = + and black = ground. that's about it.

Any info would be appreciated.