Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vx commodore indicator not blinking on left side

vx_gal

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore
Gday everyone,

I have 2001 vx commodore, I’ve recently noticed my left indication isn’t exactly working correctly. I flip it up to go left and 8 times out of 10 I need to hold the indicator stick up to keep it on, if I turn the wheel far enough to the left then it’ll turn on. I’ve also checked that it’s not just the indicator light but also the outside light, it’s not the globe either because it still occasionally works or if I have my hazards on it still works.

I’m thinking it’s the relay but I haven’t found anything regarding my exact situation, I’m just wanting some confirmation on this before I get a new one from super cheap or something.

H

harrop.senator

Go to veales for a new flasher unit or stalk even without a trade account they're cheaper for stuff like that. I'm sorry I can't tell you either way what I think it is.

Usually with the flasher relay they'll not work at all after the fuse is blown and before that they'll just stay fully lit.

If no one on heres sure send me a pm I'll flick you my old housemates number. He's an auto electrician in Byford but he may be able to help you diagnose it over the phone or have a look for some bush chooks.

vx_gal

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore
Go to veales for a new flasher unit or stalk even without a trade account they're cheaper for stuff like that. I'm sorry I can't tell you either way what I think it is.

Usually with the flasher relay they'll not work at all after the fuse is blown and before that they'll just stay fully lit.

If no one on heres sure send me a pm I'll flick you my old housemates number. He's an auto electrician in Byford but he may be able to help you diagnose it over the phone or have a look for some bush chooks.
Thank you, I’ll look into the new flasher unit and if I don’t have much luck with that I’ll send you a pm

H

harrop.senator

Too easy , I'm not really electricy especially diagnosis he usually tells me what to change over the phone lol.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
It will likely be the stalk. They are a common part to fail given the age of these old cars. If you can find a NOS gen one grab it. Aftermarket ones don't last and you will be doing the job again a year or two later.