Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SmokeandChains

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VX 3.8 Aclaim Series 1
Hey Guys,

My indicator stalk is worn feeling raggedy. Has anyone used the cheaper ones you can find on eBay or is there a brand you guys suggest? I would need one for a Series 1 with cruise control.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
I purchased one off Just Car Parts in 2012 for $42 for my HSV VX GTS. Worked well up to 2016 when I traded up to a new Gen-F2 GTS.

NeddyBear

Veteran Mountain Biker
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 2.5L Subaru Outback
Purchased a genuine Holden one from the Lions Den on ebay, can't remember how much. Reasonable price I think.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Best go to a wreakers and get a original one plenty to choose from and they give you warranty, my brother in law vt stalk was playing up the high beam flashed when using indicators so he brought a cheap one from ebay it lasted 4 months before it was worse than his original one he replaced. The deafferents is huge between cheap and original.

SmokeandChains

Reaction score
Members Ride
I purchased one off Just Car Parts in 2012 for $42 for my HSV VX GTS. Worked well up to 2016 when I traded up to a new Gen-F2 GTS.
Purchased a genuine Holden one from the Lions Den on ebay, can't remember how much. Reasonable price I think.
Best go to a wreakers and get a original one plenty to choose from and they give you warranty, my brother in law vt stalk was playing up the high beam flashed when using indicators so he brought a cheap one from ebay it lasted 4 months before it was worse than his original one he replaced. The deafferents is huge between cheap and original.

Thanks for the response guys. I was going to go grab one from a wreckers but I got an email from www.onlineautoparts.com.au stating they had a 20% off Black Friday sale. For $12.70 I am happy enough to give it a go.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Think I bought mine from OAP and its been pretty good for 3 or so years. Mine is quite similar to the one you bought with cruise etc.

SmokeandChains

Reaction score
Members Ride
Think I bought mine from OAP and its been pretty good for 3 or so years. Mine is quite similar to the one you bought with cruise etc.
Oh, that's good to hear. Hopefully, I have similar luck.

mirrabucca

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pack (Devil Yellow)
My VX Series one had a worn stalk. Indicators would buzz when it was moved slowly. It wasn't positive in either position.
Bought an ebay special. Different switch mechanism and I had to modify the connector so it would fit. But it worked... for a few months.
Then it fell apart. So I bought a genuine one (but still off ebay). Different switch mechanism again! But this one is far more positive in its action, and feels like a series two (or Japanese car) type of action. Much nicer than the series one was - ever. Oh, and its still working fine years later.