Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vx commodore L67 2002. Random Lead

KillerBam

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 Holden commodore vx calais 3.8 supercharged
Hey guys.
Im still learning heaps about my 02 Vx L67 and I do everything that needs to be done myself.
Well I was under the bonnet today checking all fluids when I noticed a loose wire behind my brake fluid bottle. Can someone please tell me what it is. And where does it plug into. ??? Thanks guys

Attachments

• Snapchat-1659248381.jpg
    Snapchat-1659248381.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 135

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
When you say "loose wire", do you mean the white thing near the firewall that looks like a connector, but doesn't seem to have anything plugged into it? Otherwise, I can't see any actual loose wire.

KillerBam

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 Holden commodore vx calais 3.8 supercharged
Yeah that connector.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I believe it's part of the body wiring loom that connects to something on the LS motors but isn't required for the V6 model.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
i thought it was the LPG connector

VT2Commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8
This connector is for the Throttle Relaxer module on vehicles equipped with Electronic Traction Control (ETC). Your vehicle doesn't have electronic traction control, just the Anti-lock Braking System (ABS). The Throttle Relaxer Module was connected in between the accelerator pedal to throttle body via cable to the throttle body and if commanded by the engine control module, would disengage or release control (take over) the accelerator from the driver to kill the revs in the event of a loss of traction to stop the driver losing control of the vehicle.

Holden, alot of the times would have universal harnesses installed during production, and not have all features installed into certian vehicles as they went down the factory line. Made it easier to build to order.

My 2000 VT Clubsport has this connector, but no ETC.

Last edited:

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Although you may be correct about the connector, his Calais should have traction control. The V6 traction control is all electronic via the PCM/ABS modules, it uses a combination of reducing timing and cutting cylinders. It's bloody aggressive :( but there is definitely traction control.

VT2Commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8
Although you may be correct about the connector, his Calais should have traction control. The V6 traction control is all electronic via the PCM/ABS modules, it uses a combination of reducing timing and cutting cylinders. It's bloody aggressive :( but there is definitely traction control.
My mistake, yes you're right about the V6 ETC. The V8's had the throttle relaxer, possibly due to the PIM, PCM comms setup.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
No problem. The V6 traction control is the ultimate fun police :(