Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Commodore rough idle, fuel leaking from tank.

BigJake_

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore, VF Redline
Hi,

I recently replaced my my fuel pump unit inside of my tank on my ‘01 VX Commodore. My car now starts up well and good, whereas it didn’t before. The only problem I’m having now is a rough idle at low revs, to the point where it will stall, sometimes when it’s being driven, as well. I noticed today that fuel is leaking out of the tank, fairly heavily, after it has been driven and the tank is under pressure. It also sounds like air is being sucked from under the bonnet when under acceleration. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
is there any way you mixed up the fuel lines

BigJake_

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore, VF Redline
It’s a good possibility, even tho I did my best to keep everything in the correct order. It’s just a bit of effort to undo everything again and check, especially when you don’t have a good set up going. I know the breather hose coming from the canister to the neck of the filler is right, I’m just not sure what order I’ve put the other 3 hoses going to the pump in.