Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vx commodore supercharged please help

eliteaaron

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Calais Supercharged
hey i have a problem i cannot figure out my car started doing this a few days after replacing the lim gasket it will warm up like normal and then when i start to drive my car on highway the temp gauge will drop down a bit like its running cooler then normal so i thought maybe thermostat so i replaced it and was fine for another day then again it started doing it last night when driving back home on the highway but when i stop at a light or drive slower it starts going back to normal temp its not affecting the way the car drives or anything just seems a bit strange and annoying also it doesn't always do it like today when i drove it it stayed at normal temp, i have bleed the system a few times thinking it maybe air, is it possible it could be my radiator like part of the old lim gasket got stuck in it somewhere i have also noticed the radiator cap is cold but all hoses are hot i dunno if its normal or not just thought i would mention it. the car does not over heat just moves from normal temp to cold. any ideas would help thanks.

Tree cutter

Tree cutter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais SuperchargedV6
Is the coolant level in the radiator right up to the bottom of the radiator cap or is there a bit of air still in there. Sometimes the radiator cap will leak a bit so it sucks air back into the radiator instead of sucking coolant back out of the overflow bottle when the engine cools down.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
What TC said but my guess would be the air is potentially in the thermostat housing where the sensors are located. You may be getting a false positive because the sensors are getting hot air not water.

As I understand with the L67 there's 3 bleed points and a certain order/method to bleed the system successfully, are you confident you did it text book?

Could be a dud sensor too, you know how it goes, you touch one thing on a cooling system and the house of cards starts to crumble :)

eliteaaron

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Calais Supercharged
yeah iam near 100% sure i bleed it correct under charger, thermostat, radiator hose, was gonna replace the sensor and radiator cap today and hope it works