Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vx commodore

VXcommforlife

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
I have a vx commodore 2002 model and there is a problem with it but i can not work out what it is. It first started after work one night i was going up a hill and then my engine cut out and i started rolling back.Then today i went out to my driveway and reversed out then it cut out again then you have to start it back up. When it first happend i thought it could be the battery got it checked it is not that. Also it is a auto.

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
Well....

I'm not sure that it is the fuel pump, The car may have just ran out of fuel or even sucked **** up into the filter.
However, fuel pumps are prone to stuffing up in VT - VX so it wouldnt hurt to replace it.
Your looking at about $115 from supercheap for a new one.
If your keen to give it a go yourself its not that hard and I think theres even a "how to" somewhere in this forum.

Just out of curiosity. how steep was your driveway?

VXcommforlife

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
Well....

I'm not sure that it is the fuel pump, The car may have just ran out of fuel or even sucked **** up into the filter.
However, fuel pumps are prone to stuffing up in VT - VX so it wouldnt hurt to replace it.
Your looking at about $115 from supercheap for a new one.
If your keen to give it a go yourself its not that hard and I think theres even a "how to" somewhere in this forum.

Just out of curiosity. how steep was your driveway?

It is level that is the funny thing.

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
Yeah sounds like the fuel pumps weak.

Two things can help stuff them.

1. Running it out of fuel can cause it to heat up.
and
2. Running it low on fuel can cause it to spin faster putting stress on it.

The previous owner may have ran it low and out of fuel.

Not 100% sure its the pump but i'd start with replacing the fuel pump and filter and see how you go from there.