Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Scruff

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX executive
Got a new radiator not long ago, was just having a gander at the instructions for installation and it recommends using type b coolant(anti corrosive) but everything I've seen for the car says to use antifreeze/boil, mainly nulon long life, just wondering what you folk would say is the correct option?
That would be for the v6

New radiator is Adrad

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
Go to Supercheap and point out the door at your car. They will sort you out.

Scruff

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX executive
Go to Supercheap and point out the door at your car. They will sort you out.
That was plan A, remembered its not registered immediately after haha. Supercheap website says get one, adrad says get the other

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Green Nulon long life will do fine. Put 6 litres in and top up the rest with water (some say use distilled water) that will give you a 50/50 mix. Don't mix coolant with water before adding as this will give you a weak mixture because there will be quite a few litres still in the engine (unless you removed the knock sensors)

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
As above. Green coolant. Tip the bottle in and then add water.
I did exactly that when I had the VY.

Scruff

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX executive
Green Nulon long life will do fine. Put 6 litres in and top up the rest with water (some say use distilled water) that will give you a 50/50 mix. Don't mix coolant with water before adding as this will give you a weak mixture because there will be quite a few litres still in the engine (unless you removed the knock sensors)
As above. Green coolant. Tip the bottle in and then add water.
I did exactly that when I had the VY.

cheers fellas, was driving me crazy that they were saying get the opposite

NeddyBear

Veteran Mountain Biker
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 2.5L Subaru Outback
Nulon green concentrate is a good choice, go buy the distilled water from Woolies to mix.
Mix in a large clean container first and then fill the radiator and remember to bleed the air from the system.

Last edited:

gohrdrgomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VxCaly57
Penrite red 8 year changeout. Thats compatible with gm alloy motors. Its engine freindly.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Penrite red 8 year changeout. Thats compatible with gm alloy motors. Its engine freindly.

Agree RED is for Alloytec engines that are alloy, but the old Ecotec is fine on green and had it in from new.
Have in mind if there is green left in the system and you add red coolant you may end up with jelly in the system.
Just stay with green Scruff.

gohrdrgomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VxCaly57
Agree RED is for Alloytec engines that are alloy, but the old Ecotec is fine on green and had it in from new.
Have in mind if there is green left in the system and you add red coolant you may end up with jelly in the system.
Just stay with green Scruff.
Yep you best completely drain all residual and replace with whatever the manufacture specifies for the vehicle and certainly dont mix brands coz you could make warm jello scruff.