Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Cruise Control Holden Kit instructions

Brissie_VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec S2, Monaro CV8
About a year ago, I bought a geniune VX , cruise control kit for my VT II , have fitted the twist type indicator stalk and boughty matching wiper stalk when I first got the kit.. When i dragged it out of storage recently to finish the install, instructions have disappeared.... Was wondering if anyone out there have a copy (scan or PDF or similar) of the instruction pages they could forward to me? I have found similar threads in search, but none appear to have the attachments still visible. Thanks

Lazza78

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HBD LS1, VL calais project
hey mate have u already got the wiring plug in the engine bay(its a orange plug) it will be right near where the c/c unit bolts in

Brissie_VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec S2, Monaro CV8
It doesnt have the harness tucked under. The harness is part of the kit - relatively straight forward, but couple of pins need to be inserted in existind plugs etc so instructions seem essential

davway

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Statesman
Funny, our S2 VT Exec has the harness hanging from the drivers side shock tower - go check again.
I added cruise control to ours (Police Pack) and it was all just plug and play.
Didnt need to add different looms or anything.
Added the module, added the cable to the T.B
changed the stalks and added the brake switch and it wall worked - no issues and was fitted in around 20 minutes.

Brissie_VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec S2, Monaro CV8
Hi- I definately did check again - right up to removing plastic cable tray and lifting fusebox - no connector! It seems from reading similar threads, that some were fitted with it, others weren't - luck of the draaw - maybe late series II had it........

Anyways - I'll have to keep on searching, (or hoping someone has set of instructions....) - I'll bet holden will not be able to photocopy a set..... LOL

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
Hi- I definately did check again - right up to removing plastic cable tray and lifting fusebox - no connector! It seems from reading similar threads, that some were fitted with it, others weren't - luck of the draaw - maybe late series II had it........

Anyways - I'll have to keep on searching, (or hoping someone has set of instructions....) - I'll bet holden will not be able to photocopy a set..... LOL

You're in luck.I've got it.Let me dig'em out then i'll scan and post'em 4 you.BTW,is it man. or auto?This is for man.

Last edited:

Brissie_VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec S2, Monaro CV8
Cheers mate - yoiu're a legend

It is auto, but the instructioins I got with my kit covered both manual and auto

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
Some Commodores came with wiring looms to support things like power windows, cruise control, climate control and higher level BCMs already installed and others didn't.

Whether they just ran out of the lower end wiring and put the better stuff in some cars, who knows?

jazza15

Jarryd
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT II S
Some Commodores came with wiring looms to support things like power windows, cruise control, climate control and higher level BCMs already installed and others didn't.

Whether they just ran out of the lower end wiring and put the better stuff in some cars, who knows?

Yeah that's it, they discovered this during the series 1 due to fleet sales, so some were uprgraded, in the series 2 i think all if not most models had the higer than lowest level wiring loom

Brissie_VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec S2, Monaro CV8
Bummer.......

I must have one of the few that had a low level wiring loom