Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Dash and assorted interior upgrades...

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
I've just got a question on some interior bits on our VX-II Lumina.

The dash we have has the standard trip and fuel useage setup, the single window. Is it possible to put in the three-window dash unit? Is it a simple "plug and play" deal or is there a lot of other stuffing around to make the full trip computer dash work on a car that never had it new?

The interior light: I would like to fit the upmarket one with individual maplights and switches instead of the standard single light. Is this also a simple unscrew-the-old-one-plug-in-the-new-one job, or is there extra wiring?

Thanks for any info!

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V

BOGANV8

I gotta V8 whoot whoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 02 SS LS1
The interior light: I would like to fit the upmarket one with individual maplights and switches instead of the standard single light. Is this also a simple unscrew-the-old-one-plug-in-the-new-one job, or is there extra wiring?

This one im keen on knowing the answer too aswell

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
Thanks!

Looks like luckily the wiring harness is the same, and it indeed is jus a simple "out with the old and in with the new", then off to the Holden dealer to get it checked over! Easy!

Well...not that easy...finding a good cluster won't be that easy I imagine...and finding one cheap would be even harder...:D

avon57

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr acclaim, vx2 acclaim
The interior light is a simple change.

Just unclip the lense cover, unplug the harness, unscrew two screws and fit the new one...

Works fine..

Cheers..

Rogers VIC

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX Equipe
Hi new to Just commodores been reading for a while but joined for this reason.

I have taken out the stock interior light unplugged and have an extra connection which I'm guessing is +ve for map lights. Map light ground runs to screw.

i.e. 1 plug on standard and 2 plugs on calais light. (2nd socket has a single wire running to it white and black)

It's not plug and play just not sure where I should splice this extra wire to, to get the map lights working?

PLEASE HELP ;)

Rogers VIC

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX Equipe
All sorted just used a scotch clip to splice the extra wire to the brown negative.