Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vx door speakers?

Ray De Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
SII SSV REDLINE M6
Hi guys, I got some kicker 6" co-ax to go in the rear doors as I want to remove the 6x9 clarion's I have in the shelf. Question is how the hell do I remove the door panel on the rear door??? I removed the 6-8 screws around the door rim then became stuck! I guess you need to remove the door release handle and get it over the orange tab but how do I do this?

I looked through numerous pages on this forum but not the information for what I need.

Hope you guys can help :D

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
If you do need to remove the door handle (i cant remember exactly) then there will be a steel rod on the inside of the door interior that connects to the door handle via a little plastic clip. If you move the handlt around you'll see the rod im talking about and just just a small flat blade screwdriver in there to "pry" the clip off.

You will also need to remove the door lock from the rod by getting a very small flate blade screwdriver and prying in between the orange indicator and the lock knob. This orange indicator actually holds the knob onto the rod, so when the indicator "pops" out then the knob will be able to be removed.

As you can tell im not the best in explaining things like that.....maybe someone else will be able to explain it better ;)

camstatic

I'm back babeh.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
The door handles themselves have a little plastic cover hiding the screw to remove them, get a torch and shine it in there, you'll see a circle with a little gap to stick a poker in, lever it out, undo screw. Then it's simply a matter of sliding the handle back toward the lock mechanism (back of the door) and unhooking it from the lock linkage.

Ray De Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
SII SSV REDLINE M6
Cheers guys, sounds bloody difficult! Sounds like this is the only thing that will defeat me! I will have a go.

Do you think it will make much difference in sound from moving the sound from the shelf to the doors?

The only reason im removing the 6x9's is that the sub box hits the magnets and won't go back far enough. Without them there it will give me approx 5 inchs of clearance to move the box back.

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
About moving the rear speakers?

I wouldnt be worried too much about the rears, if you have to remove the 6x9s then do so. You also realise the 6x9s wont fit into the rear doors i take it?

Just run the rear door speakers off the head-unit, provided youve got a good enough front stage and amped properly you wont hear much of the rears.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
You shouldn't have any probs with the rear doors... They're basically the same as the front doors, easier actually :)