Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Double din dvd player

miffie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II SS
Hey guys,

Ive been doing alot of searching and i can't find any relivent information on installing a double din DVD player that can still play dvd's while moving. The car is a VX with the stock headunit ATM.

I went into JB HIFI to buy a wiring harness but the guy said not to because my headunit has too many wires and it would be alot better to do it manually. He also talked about bypassing the handbrake wire to watch DVD's while driving.... but couldnt elaberate much more due to legal/moral reasons (pussy).

Could the fantastic community of Just Commodores please provide me help regarding this matter (wiring guide for specifically the VX and idea's about bypassing the handbrake rubish)?

Thanks for reading,

Mitch

Jimbahh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
I think im getting what you are talking about.
Double DIN HU with a DVD player in it?
It will come with a wire called park/brake line or something. All you have to do it have that wire earthed and it will allow you to play DVDs whilst moving.

Gen III VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais V8
Hey guys,

Ive been doing alot of searching and i can't find any relivent information on installing a double din DVD player that can still play dvd's while moving. The car is a VX with the stock headunit ATM.

I went into JB HIFI to buy a wiring harness but the guy said not to because my headunit has too many wires and it would be alot better to do it manually. He also talked about bypassing the handbrake wire to watch DVD's while driving.... but couldnt elaberate much more due to legal/moral reasons (pussy).

Could the fantastic community of Just Commodores please provide me help regarding this matter (wiring guide for specifically the VX and idea's about bypassing the handbrake rubish)?

Thanks for reading,

Mitch
I just fitted up a double din head unit yesterday to my VX Calais.It was pretty simple.All the wires matched the standard loom and i just earthed the handbrake wire from the new head unit so the passengers could watch DVD's.All up maybe an hour or two.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Every double din dvd player has the facilty to play DVD's while driving. How ever it is illegal thus why an employee wouldn't want to hold himself liable in the unlikely case you get pulled over and defected.