Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Driver door has air coming through

Sam K

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S2
I have a problem with my driver side door on my vx I can hear air coming through the door sounds like the window is down abit that little wind whistling sound don't know what it is or how to fix it the door also doesn't sit flush with the car there is a little gap anyone know how to fix that

Also my front 2 windows rattle when they are up all the way but you put them down a little bit and the rattling stops also a problem if anyone can help will be great :)

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Adjust the door strikes so the doors sit flush,
I'd say the door seals have compressed over the years.

As for the Windows rattling,
Maybe try removing the door trim and see if you can adjust the window regulator, by losening it off and tighting it up,
or you may have to replace the window regulators.
Also check the window seals around the door frames,
they may need to be repalced also, because they could be compressed, and the glass maybe contacting with the metal door frame.
As it sounds like they are not sealing the windows correctly.

Sam_100

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6
If the windows are rattling when they're all the way up, then it's likely one or all of the clips (noodles) that hold the glass to the window regulator need to be replaced. The time I had my VXII Berlina (14yrs) I had to change the noodles a couple of times. To see if they needed to be replaced I would wind down the window all the way and look down through the top of the window. You will need to know what you're looking for. It was easier than have to remove the door trim. To replace all I needed was a g-clamp. I have attached a picture of the clip/noodle.

Attachments

• IMG_3220.JPG
    IMG_3220.JPG
    161.9 KB · Views: 91