Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Ecotec Question

SamVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
Hey all!

Giving the old girl (‘01 VX II Acclaim) a refresh with a new set of aluminium inlet manifold gaskets and fresh rocker cover gaskets to stop what looks like many many years of leaking (the motor looks filthy from oil weeping).

I’ve done these before on other commodores without an issue so I generally know what I’m up against.

Unfortunately, I’ve managed to
get into a serious fight with the top nut that holds the throttle cable assembly to what looks to me (no expert on cars) an emissions pipe. So the nut had threaded and in my haste/frustration/fragile mental state when things go wrong, I cracked the shits and destroyed the nut and thread it attaches to.

This means I can’t get the nut off the throttle cable bracket... my own demise I presume.

So what I’m asking... if I grind it off, was that threaded into the side of the intake (so I can run a new bolt into it) or is it attached from the alloy of the intake (will need to replace whole plenum after I cut them apart)

Hope that all makes sense!

Thanks, Sam

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Can you upload a pic?

SamVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
Phone won’t let me right now, I’ll try and resize it.

It’s the top bolt that goes through the throttle bracket into the plenum, behind the throttle body. Just want to know whether it’s tapered into the plenum in case I need a wreckers trip from my frustration