Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX EcoV6 Twin Exhaust

TikTikTik

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX Equipe S2
So I've decided to do something nobody will agree with and am debadging and clubsport-kitting my VX s2 (tryhard, yes, but I'm a P plater, lay off). Now, I know the stock exhaust for the Ecotec V6 will look ridiculous on the end of a clubby kit, so I'm looking at starting out my exhaust system by getting the redback twin 2.5" cat back exhaust, however it only fits the VX v8 and supercharged v6 engines, not the ecotec; what has to be done to make it fit? I'm new to modifying cars of any kind, so this might be a really stupid question and I apologise if it is; I'm just pretty confused about it.

GIMPY1

Bass Slappin Mag Designer
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH STATESMAN GENIII
Have to agree with Nath, be a little overkill! Just go the twin tips at the end ;)

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
Dude a clubby kit on an Equipe??? Really?? What colour is it? Could paint the stock kit and dump it on it's ass and look just as tough.

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
Why would the engine being Supercharged have anything to do with a Catback exhaust? The Super6's are Ecotecs.... Won't make a difference?

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Why would the engine being Supercharged have anything to do with a Catback exhaust? The Super6's are Ecotecs.... Won't make a difference?

The L67 will generally use a slightly bigger exhaust since it has more exhaust gases, because you know, it has a supercharger on it.

don0xer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Calais 3.8L Supercharged
l67 engine has a twin cat setup, l36 has single merge before the cat, then single all the way through

frankenstein

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x 97vts and 2000 wh
all you need to do is get the super 6 twin cat set up bolts strait on and the rest fits no problem have it on my vts have no issues with any thing and sounds better than a crappy 2.5 inch single system and not as loud and droning if you like i can get you pictures of mine when its up on the ramps next.