Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vx ecu flashing

matth4ck3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VX II V6 3.8L
I am wondering how i would be able to re flash the ecu in my vx from an auto to a manual, i do have a tech 2 tool but im not to sure if it can re flash an ecu,
what i do know about the process of flashing an ecu is that i will require a new .bin file which has the programming but im not sure mainly if i need a

- aldl calbe or i can just use my tech 2
- what software i need to do the re flash
- and where would i be able to get my hands on a .bin file for a manual vx

i do have a copy of the TIS software but i cant get the SPS(service programming system to work/ open at all ) all other funtions like veiw capture data and the remote control of the tech 2 thru the computer

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore berlina Sedan 1996
You will need the aldl cable and ose flashtool to reflash the PCM I'm unsure about the sps whether it can be done through there if it can you will probably need tis2web access for that

matth4ck3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VX II V6 3.8L
is it a pretty simple process to re flash the pcm ??
also do u know where i could find the correct .bin file for a vx manual ?? would there be on on delco or

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore berlina Sedan 1996
Yeah try searching through there that page I linked you too has an embedded link on some of the text on how to reflash if you can't find a manual bin contact the user the1 he will be able to help