Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vx Engine Codes

Troy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Auto 128rwkw, VZ V6 Lumina wagon stock
Does anyone have any information in regards to the fault code definition's when you go into diognostic mode in the VX's.

So far i've been able to figure out that if there is HC next to the number then there is a history (hence the H) been logged in the computer and the C means it is currently active, just a H means there was a fault but it's gone away.

Also, code 17 is oxygen sensor related
code 19 is MAF meter related

These two, at least, were cross referenced using a TECH 2.

Any info from anyone would be greatly appreciated, cheer's.

S

shsvstewart_8

What kind of tech 2 is it, many of them will give you codde def, I know I use Snap On Scanner and it has 2 sections, History DTC's and Current DTC's, good system to find out what has happend in the past, gives you ignition cycles since, how long ago, and the code number, with the current DTC'c, it gives you the code numberand def, not sure but with the VT's they had the prob where the Tech2 would bring up codes for the theft DET and the LOW engine fan no BCM response, but let me know what numbers your after and Ill see what I can round up at work for ya

Cheers

Troy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Auto 128rwkw, VZ V6 Lumina wagon stock
Any info on the numbers from C01 through to C31 would be great, like i said, these are the numbers that come up when you use diagnostic mode on the dash of the VX's. Where did you buy the scan tool that you have and how much was it?

Cheers.

S

shsvstewart_8

Snap on, hmmm dash codes may not be similar, have to chack, got a few friends in high places, let you know buddy ASAP... tell then