Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX engine help please

littlejohn

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
Hey guys, i have a 2001 vx commodore wagon which i didn't look after well enough. I didn't get it serviced or check the coolants or oil enough and a while ago it overheated. I pulled over and waited a few minutes and decided to drive again and got about 100 metres down the road till fluid started leaking everywhere.
It got towed to rac and they said i had blown my motor and said that type of job normaly costs around 3-4grand which i really can't afford.
There are adverts in the paper for recodtioned vx commodore motors supplied and fitted for $900 is this my best bet? I don't know much about cars at all so any help would be appreciated, thanks.

kazido

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Monaro
First thing I would do is get a second opinion on ur bung motor and go from there.

Also the same for the $900 quoted, doesnt sound right to me.

If your lazy, tight or just cant afford maintenance, then this is unfortunately a typical result...or all of the above:
;)

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk HD

littlejohn

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
ok thanks for the advice guys i have 2 weeks till i get my license back so i will get a second opinion and go from there, and yeh you were right kazido the adverts are just wreckers that supply and put a motor in and give like a 1 month warranty or so