Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

jashdown91

Jashdown?
Reaction score
live in ballina, thats near byron bay, everyone kn
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S1
hey, ive looked everywhere and havnt been able to find an answer to this specific question.

Does anyone know if a vx ecotec engine and vs auto gearbox will fit into a 95 vs commodore perfectly, without having to change around engine mounts and such, will it just fit into the old engines place perefectly. or is the vx ecotec slightly different in design to the vs ecotec.

any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

TUF UTE

Dave
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SENATOR
vs and vx both have ecotecs mate

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
i think the engine mounts are different from vt onwards.

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore V6 S2 and a BA XR6T
i think the engine mounts are different from vt onwards.

pretty sure there the same mounts from vn-vy....maybe vz but not sure about that...i know the VE mounts are totally different

jashdown91

Jashdown?
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S1
what about inlet manifolds and ****?

i know the vs-vx are all ecotec, maybe even some vy. but are they exactly the same, or is there a couple of things in different places that will cost extra to get sorted out?

thanks for the help.

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
Yes the inlet manifolds and plenum are different between the vs and vx. The vs manifold has a small brass coolant temp sender that is not there on the vx. This sends the signal to the temp gauge in your cluster and its located just below the thermostat housing with one green wire attached to it. If you use the vx manifold you will have to drill and tap a thread to accommodate the vs temp sender (its 1/8 npt from memory). Also the vx plenum has a hole about 15mm at the back of the throttle body flange that connects to a hose and has something to do with emissions control and warm oxygen for start up I think. This hole can simply be plugged or welded shut because its not needed on a vs but by far the easiest and best method would be to just use the vs manifiold and plenum and fit it to the vx motor. It will bolt up just the same.

Nzpure

VS L67
Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 Vs Supa6
VS-VY all use ecotec's Their are slight differences inlet manifolds are different,mounts are exactly the same.Injector system is different,even the tbs are different....jeez i thought it was less then that...okies there a fair bit different

Nzpure

VS L67
Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 Vs Supa6
The bottom ends are the same..im checkin on the comps at work =D

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
Fuel rails and injectors are different but are interchangeable no worries. The vx fuel rail is actually better because its solid and the the two o rings in the vs one are prone to leaking fuel. vs and vx throttle bodies are the same, the only difference is the screws that hold the butterfly in place.

jashdown91

Jashdown?
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S1
oh ok. thanks heaps. so how much do you think it would be to replace the vs ecotec with a vx ecotec, including labour?