Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vx engine install. Help

Rat rod jim

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs
Gday. Ive installed a vx ecotec. The motor didnt come with the plenum where the throttle body comes with so i used my ecotec vs one. Now ive got a massive vac leak. Ive noticed the the valley intake that the plenum bolts to the vx one has a groove cut in it to yhe pcv valve and the old vs 1 doesnt. Do i have to go get a vx plenum to makw it all work? Or just replace the whole top of motor to the vs stuff which i have and would have to do a valley gasket, also the pcv spring is missing, is there a way around that or just find another spring and replace. Sorry for the confusion haha made sense to me. Cheers in advance

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Hi mate,

Yes, either get the VX plenum or replace the whole lot from the VS motor.

I'd probably suggest the VX plenum as the relocation of the PCV in the plenum means the gasses and **** coming are distributed better through all the cylinders rather than most of it going down the number 4 runner in the VS intake.

Rat rod jim

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs
Cheers. Also i jus realised that these was no pcv valve at all. Could thos of caused a vacum drama aswell.?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
No PCV valve will cause a vacuum leak via the crankcase. With the ecotec been MAF tuned all the air should still be measured by the MAF assuming things like the dipstick are sealed properly but the TB/AIC won't be able to control that airflow which will stuff up idle control etc.

Rat rod jim

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs
No PCV valve will cause a vacuum leak via the crankcase. With the ecotec been MAF tuned all the air should still be measured by the MAF assuming things like the dipstick are sealed properly but the TB/AIC won't be able to control that airflow which will stuff up idle control etc.
Thanks mate. Ive got a spring and valve here. Might install and see how she goes. Goes it does idle like crap . Replace valve and if doesnt fix it ill replace the whole lot. Its all in a rock crawler wo fairly easy to get too. Thanks