Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Equipe water in oil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive S Pac...(S for sexy)
Hi all
I have just bought a VX S Pack Holden By Design with presume totaled motor. Thing is infact its fine just water in the oil, it was thought to be a head gasket but how would water get in the oil if it was a head gasket? Is it more likey to be a manifold gasket? And is there a way to check the individual head gaskets?

Manifold top was off and was full of water, and cylinders were full aswell so i pulled the plugs, hit the key till she unseized, pumped the water out, put the top back on, added fuel and first go she started
He also thought the alternator had caught fire and didnt work... not the case

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
The manifold gasket replacement was a common thing on the vx. The bolts have a habit of working loose . Had to do mine at 150,000 kms .

Last edited:
Reaction score
Members Ride
The manifold gasket replacement was a common thing on the vx. The bolts have a habit of working loose . Had to do mine at 150,000 kms .
I found one loose so maybe thats the issue
Can I just tighten and she'll be sweet? Or do I need a new one?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
You need new gaskets. They are a common failure point on Eco's. Mace aluminium gaskets are the go. By not replacing them you run the risk of destroying the engine, if it isn't already.

Reaction score
Members Ride
You need new gaskets. They are a common failure point on Eco's. Mace aluminium gaskets are the go. By not replacing them you run the risk of destroying the engine, if it isn't already.

Head or inlet?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Inlet manifold gaskets, you need to replace all the gaskets, they come in a kit.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
I remember when I bought the gasket kit the salesman said i had to buy an "O " ring that wasn't supplied in the kit.it was n orange one that fits onto a water outlet on or near the water pump.