Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vx 'error'

jesse santilli

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk 202efi
hi everyone. my 2002 vx acclaim is doing the 'error' thing on the dash. it has done it before and it ws the abs module. this was about 3 months ago it is now doing it again. occasionally it will start the turn off after a few seconds then the central locking wont work and it also wont star again. i have the following fault codes.

t08 t09 t11 t12 t13 t14

thanks in advanced.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
something is corrupting your communications. try unplugging abs

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
what are the codes now
t08hc or t08h- etc

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
do you have a multimeter and know how to use one
check your fuses under steering and under bonnet
i cant find my series ii diagrams atm

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
How are you displaying those fault codes? They look nothing like the fault codes in the Holden manuals.

Never mind, I see where you got them from.

You have a Serial Data Communications problem which is why you can't display the proper error codes:

"With the Tech 2 scan tool connected to the DLC and the ignition switch on, the scan tool should display serial data communication. If the scan tool does not display serial data, the serial data circuit may be open or shorted.

There are several other control modules that are connected to the serial data line (PCM, BCM, ABS/ETC module, ECC module, SRS module and IP cluster). Any one of these controllers could cause a fault on the serial data line. This fault could result in the scan tool not being able to display serial data."

Refer to the attached file for diagnostic information. However, it sounds like you will need to truck you car to an Holden dealer or auto electrician to get it fixed.

Attachments

• VX No Serial Data.pdf
    396.7 KB · Views: 323
Last edited:

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
About 5 years ago the workshop I was using at the time connected their scanner not sure what brand it was, I can't recall what we were looking for, might have been o2 sensors as the car was using a bit more fuel than I thought was right, after he connected the scanner an 'ERROR' message popped up on the cluster, I had never seen it in the 12 or so years I had the car, he went and got a different scanner and said it was an error in the cluster and cleared it with the second scanner and have never ever seen it again, was sort of like the first scanner caused the 'ERROR' message to appear.
Have since found a new workshop.