Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vx exaust system! HELP

locolatino

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 Vx II Spac Commodore/ 3.6L V6
hey guys! ive recently bought a 2002 vx commodore series 2 spac !
i wanna put a full exaust system from engine back. all help and comments would be greatly appreciated!
im dying to put an exaust, i want it to have a great sounding note as well as when i downshift to really bring out that crackling sound. as well as compensate with minimal drone. im planning to put pacemaker extractors into a high flow cat and all done on 2.5inch piping! i hear alot about magnaflow exausts and lukeys performance exaust systems. what exactly is the differance?
ive got a couple of quotes and theyve asked if i wanted to run twin pipes through or a single.
and other ideas or tips i could use? also ive heard since its manual there wont be as much drone as if it were an auto? im quite confused and need some direction so i signed up to just commodores!

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
ring budget exhuasts in merrylands 9637 0455.. very cheap ;)

get a full exhaust system with a muffler in the centre and a hotdog on the rear :)

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
why do you have 2 threads NAAF has already helped you out in the other 1.

MACE

Reaction score
If you want something that sounds get yet goes well it would go with a second hand HSV setup. My thoughts on the matter

In regards to exhausts Rossy, unless you want to get every last kw I would definitely be leaning more towards a HSV system. They are louder then factory but not as loud as say something like a redback system but they do sound good and don’t really drone and carry on like some other aftermarket items. Made from quality stainless steel and a genuine part will fit like a glove :) Unless it’s been molested by someone who didn’t know what there were doing.

Given the price as shown below really hard pressed to go past.

VY HSV Cat-back S/Steel Exhaust (eBay item 260713301201 end time 07-Jan-11 16:00:40 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats

HSV Clubsport Exhaust System (eBay item 220713743351 end time 31-Dec-10 12:22:31 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats

Some people are worried about buying exhaust systems second hand, I can understand if they were cheap mild steel items, but these will definitely last a very long time given they’re made from quality stainless steel which are made locally.

If you do want sounding louder a redback system would

Sadly with these engines there is a fine line between exhaust systems sounding good and ones sounding like a fart in a can :( In saying this though they do have a good whine from under the bonnet :D

Hope this helps
Cheers,
Steve

If you wanted to make the HSV setup sound louder then you can always remove the rear muffler. I would also stick with running multiple factory cats, such as off a LS1, unless you're pushing some big numbers

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Steve

locolatino

Reaction score
Members Ride
aha yeah i went to budget exausts and they werent much help! the bloke just mocked me about what i was enquiring about so i left.
aha yeah sorry about the 2 posts! its my first time and im a bit lost on how to use all this stuff! my bad!

nzBrowny

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Commodore Manual
hey locolatino

let us know what you went with and how it sounds. looking to do the same and youve asked all the same questions
good luck mate

locolatino

Reaction score
Members Ride
aha thanks buddy! will do mate! ill let ya know!

locolatino

Reaction score
Members Ride
heyy! i think im going for pacemaker extractors into my old cat and a single 2.5inch redback system from cat back with no rear resonator!
what do you guys think about the redback system?