Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vx exaust system HELP!

locolatino

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 Vx II Spac Commodore/ 3.6L V6
Hey guys! ive recently bought a 2002 series 2 vx commodore Spac!
im looking to put an exaust on which will give a great exaust note as well as performance. I would love the exaust to really enhance the crackling sound when i downshift in gears! but with minimal drone.
i was thinking of putting pacemaker extractors with a highflow cat and all done on a 2.5inch exaust system. ive heard of magnaflow exausts and lukeys performance exausts? what exactly are the differences. whats the best thing i can do to achieve the results i want. ive gotten quotes on twin piping systems and single piping systems? but whats the best for what i want! ive heard that because mines a manual there wont be as much drone as if it were to be an auto? im quitelost on what to get from the cat back and mufflers etc. i really need some guidance and tips! anything is really appreciated! as well as good places to get the exaust from.
thanks guys!

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I can supply you with anything you want.

The best place to start is your wallet, because any exhaust will not give a noticeable power increase, just shift the powerband in the rev range. All it will really do is make it louder and give better highway cruising economy. If it isn't lacking then extractors, hi flow cat and a straight through 2 1/2" system without the rear resonator would be a good place to start. Although, not having a rear resonator can be a tad loud, but if you are after the crackle, then start without one. Being a manual it will drone less.

Round figures you are looking at $750 supplied only for Extractors, hi flow metal cat and a 2 1/2" mandrel bent Manta system.

thekid93

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pack
750?? for all that? where from abba??

i got here in qld 850 fitted for jst paceys!

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
From me, look at my sig.

danielpick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore v6
Hey...
New to the site just wondering where are you located at and what would you recommend for a vt and what have you got??

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
paccies mate,,,,good sound for starters
Hey guys! ive recently bought a 2002 series 2 vx commodore Spac!
im looking to put an exaust on which will give a great exaust note as well as performance. I would love the exaust to really enhance the crackling sound when i downshift in gears! but with minimal drone.
i was thinking of putting pacemaker extractors with a highflow cat and all done on a 2.5inch exaust system. ive heard of magnaflow exausts and lukeys performance exausts? what exactly are the differences. whats the best thing i can do to achieve the results i want. ive gotten quotes on twin piping systems and single piping systems? but whats the best for what i want! ive heard that because mines a manual there wont be as much drone as if it were to be an auto? im quitelost on what to get from the cat back and mufflers etc. i really need some guidance and tips! anything is really appreciated! as well as good places to get the exaust from.
thanks guys!

locolatino

Reaction score
Members Ride
how loud is loud without that rear resenator? should i run twin cats? and twin pipes throughout the end? what are my options from the cat back? can anyone explain the lukeys performance system to the magnaflows?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The main difference between Lukey and Magnaflow is the price. As I said, you don't fit an exhaust to a V6 for performance.

No, don't go twin cats, the only reason the later VY went twin cats was to meet Euro 3 compliance for emissions.

Just a single 2 1/2" is adequate. Some people like the noise of no rear resonator, some people don't. I have feeling you will probably like like it.

locolatino

Reaction score
Members Ride
alright sweet! thanks dude! is it illegal to have no rear resonator?