Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX fog lights on exec front bar

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
is there an after market kit that some how can be bolted onto a standerd berlina grill...and wired inside the car?

SSV8pilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV- Manual Redhot
Dashbulb fitting

Once all the relevant trim/dashpanel is removed - fitting the bulb is easy. The unit comes as a bulb and holder which justs twists onto the rear of the panel.

I used a torch to illuminate behind the dash panel to see which ''gap" I needed to fit the new bulb into it (as there were several blank spaces).

Once illuminated I found the orange "lens"' that was used to illuminate the the fog warning light.

I used a pair of long nose pliers to place and screw the bulb and holder - only because the gap between the other bulbs was a bit narrow.

Just one more thing - the dealer wasn;t sure which of 2 bulbs to sell me -one was clear the other had a green bulb. In this instance - knowing that I had an orange lens on the dash - it was obvious that I needed the clear and not the green bulb.

Hope this helps.

J

Jimmyr

Hi I was wondering if anybody could tell me if they have fitted an aftermarket fog light switch to a VX. There are four wires on the back of the plug under the dash, which wires need to be connected to what via the switch. I have managed to get it to work however I am only shorting together two of the four wires and im not sure if i need to connect the other two, or what they're for.

INSAYN

INSAYN
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR Calais V8
Jimmyr said:
Hi I was wondering if anybody could tell me if they have fitted an aftermarket fog light switch to a VX. There are four wires on the back of the plug under the dash, which wires need to be connected to what via the switch. I have managed to get it to work however I am only shorting together two of the four wires and im not sure if i need to connect the other two, or what they're for.

thought you would only need two wires

VX S-speeddemon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pack
um sorry guys but a quick question........if i put ss fog lights in my s can they be wired to the highbeam switch or will i need to get a button instal;led

Kieran263

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Wagon 6.0 A6
I think you win for deepest thread dig, nearly 5 years, nice work. As for the actual question, I have no idea :D

Darcy2000VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Berlina wagon 3.8 litre V6 ecotec
Does this work a vx berlina? Does it come factory with the fog light wiring loom?