Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Front Bar *Help Needed*

VX Appeal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II S-Pack
Hey guys, I'm trying to take my front bar off to put in new headlights..

So far I've taken the three screws out from the top, two on each wheel area.. It has unclipped from either side but I can't get it to come off, it seems to be stuck in the middle somewhere behind the license plate..

Directly behind the license plate there are two black clippy-looking things, they have no head to put a screwdriver in though, i've tried forcing them out but with no luck..

Other "How-To's" don't even mention the above 'clippy-looking-things' so I'm stumped.

PLEASE HELP!! :)

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
2 scrivets beneath the license plate (not behind it) fixing the plastic to the support panel. just put your head under the bar in the middle, you will see them there. If they don't have PK screw holes in them, you will have to cut the heads off (carefully) with a wood chisel or similar. replacements at your local wreckers or $4 each at the Holden stealers. By the way, a 1/8th or 3/16th pin punch will get them out, just tap gently in middle of the head with 2kg lump hammer. That will push the center of the scrivet out and the rest should fall out. Try not to damage the plastic of the bumper or you may have trouble getting a scrivet back in

Last edited:

VX Appeal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II S-Pack
Here's a pic of the thing under the license plate:
img0022hzr.jpg

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
I edited my last post with more info

Darcon666

Evil is always around you
Reaction score
Website
www.gfy.com
Members Ride
Your Mother
FrontBarVX-SSS.jpg

Remove
1. Raise engine hood.
2. Remove the two scrivets (4) from behind number plate.
3. SS Models - From behind the bumper facia assembly, disconnect the fog lamp wiring harness connectors (one place for each lamp)
4. Remove screws (1, 2 & 5) securing facia sides to front fender wheelarch opening and front
panel assembly.
5. With the facia supported, pull the facia side members out, disconnect the facia side supports, then slide the facia forward removing the facia assembly, refer to Fig. 1D-2 (S and SS).
6. Place the front bumper bar facia assembly face down on a clean protected surface.

NOTE: Support beam should not be removed unless damaged, refer to the VX Body Repair Information for alignment details.

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
Said it once and I`ll say it again.... scrivits suck balls.