Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VT-VX] VX front Brake pad Change How To Detailed

a1k3m1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY II S-Pack 25th Anniversary
to empty the reservoir i found it was better to use an eye dropper or syringe to suck the brake fluid out, as this way you wont have a yukky rag dripping fluid all over the paint..

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
to empty the reservoir i found it was better to use an eye dropper or syringe to suck the brake fluid out, as this way you wont have a yukky rag dripping fluid all over the paint..

Yeah i used a Syringe to empty some fluid out when it got close to going over. Should have mentioned that lol

Dezza

your local HSV dealer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
Did mine on the weekend all done in 45 mins, was easy i used a bit of fish pump pipe and stuck it on the bleed nozzle and ran it to a empty container to catch the excess fluid when i moved the piston back also

shadowscorpse

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx 02 berlina
so I followed this procedure... except:
I took the brake line off and allowed the fluid to drip into a coke bottle.
I didnt realize the master cylinder dropped below the round ring thing in the Master Cylinder.
Ive bled the brakes for hours, going from left front to right front n left rear (cant undo the nut on the drivers rear brakeline)
I now have next to no brakes, need to pump them before I can actually get some resistance in the pedal.
popped into 1 brake place, bloke got in, pumped brakes whilst car was turned off n he said Ive blown master cylinder.
popped into midas n the bloke at counter said Im a f***wit and I wouldve blown the abs... he didnt even leave the front counter.
called my brotherinlaw(former holden mechanic) he said Im not that stupid to have blown the MC or ABS. And that I need to continue to bleed the system. He'll be over later tonight.

Im just asking on this here forum what you guys think I may have done or ideas on how to fix the problem?

alex2_s

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Sedan Auto
so I followed this procedure... except:
I took the brake line off and allowed the fluid to drip into a coke bottle.
I didnt realize the master cylinder dropped below the round ring thing in the Master Cylinder.
Ive bled the brakes for hours, going from left front to right front n left rear (cant undo the nut on the drivers rear brakeline)
I now have next to no brakes, need to pump them before I can actually get some resistance in the pedal.
popped into 1 brake place, bloke got in, pumped brakes whilst car was turned off n he said Ive blown master cylinder.
popped into midas n the bloke at counter said Im a f***wit and I wouldve blown the abs... he didnt even leave the front counter.
called my brotherinlaw(former holden mechanic) he said Im not that stupid to have blown the MC or ABS. And that I need to continue to bleed the system. He'll be over later tonight.

Im just asking on this here forum what you guys think I may have done or ideas on how to fix the problem?

ideally you would bleed Rear pass side, rear driver side, front pass side then front driver side so as to go from the longest line to the shortest... its most effective.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
You would not not have wrecked anything mate, Just be air in the system, you can compress air but not fluid. As mentioned start from back passenger, keep pump heap until no air. tighten bleed screw, then move to driver rear, then front passenger, then drive side. you will need 2 people to avoid more air getting into the system. i went through almost 3 bottles trying to get all the air out when i replaced the master cylinder on the old VR

km5

Reaction score
Members Ride
'06 Vz Executive
i didnt think you needed to bleed your brakes whilst doing pads?

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
i didnt think you needed to bleed your brakes whilst doing pads?

No You Dont, The post before was how to bleed brakes for the other guy as he took off a brake hose.