Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX - Gutless

IRON8

Let It Rip
Reaction score
Members Ride
'VTank SS , VG/VR Ute
they should go well, my old VG V6 ute with 378k's goes like a stabbed rat!! need to put on rolling road to see where its failing, blocked fuel filter, timing set wrong or something could be causing it to lean out like a knock sensor or O2 sensor... it may have been badly cooked in the past too. dont spent too much money on it, if you cant find the problim, clean it and sell it.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Please post up a video of the gauge cluster while your putting around town.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
My wh statesman v8 was also slow. It had 300K kms on it. I really had to press the gas pedal hard to go fast. So I decided to put "ac delco fuel injector cleaner" in it. So I waited for my tank to get empty, then went to the gas station and (1) first put two bottles of injector cleaner and (2)second filled it up with gas. This way it mixed up better. I then revved it hard and a huge cloud of white smoke came out of my exhaust for ten minutes. It was all the carbon deposit comming out. After that the car felt much quicker and more responsive. Now the car had so much power that if i pressed the accelerator it did a burnout. I ended up burning my rear tires out and had to buy new ones. You should try it too. Warning: Catylic converter can get clogged due to the carbon burning out, safer to remove it and then do it. Also better if you change the fuel filter first and then do it, to make sure trash in the fuel filter does not go to the injectors.

Burnt Carbon gave you white smoke? I would expect black but ok

IRON8

Let It Rip
Reaction score
Members Ride
'VTank SS , VG/VR Ute
The Car drops gears fine, so I dunno about the sensor. So with the O2 sensors even though it's not coming up as a fault code, would it be a good idea to replace them or is it unnecessary cost?
Will give Injector cleaner a shot, I've got a full tank now. Fuel and Oil Filter were another "Apparent" change just before it crossed into my hands. Had a service at 150k so I wonder if it was done then. Car had a busted Heater Tap, Thermostat and 2 warped front rotors when I got it with a RWC so I find it hard to believe the owner replaced and had stuff serviced when he said he did.

So its had its asshole torn to bits before you bought it...

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
Do a compression test, and look for the common signs of Intake Manifold Gasket issues

Benji885

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 manual
Fuel filter/injectors? Coil? Leads and plugs? Or its just had one hard life!!

Biglachs

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx executive and vs s3 ute
o2 sensors did the trick for me aswell.

VN SII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive SII - 91' - VX Executive SII - 02'
Uploading a Video now of it picking up. Was at like 3am on my way home so it's not amazing, will need to be muted as I was playing music haha. When watching the Video you'll notice when it changes gears, it hits 5k most times before changing now. It used to change at like 3k. Putting in 3rd and using Power, helps a fair bit. But still has nothing on a 16 year olds VS Exc (Sisters car).
As for the Fuel Filter, and Leads and Plugs I'll go ahead and replace them despite them apparently being replaced 4 thou k's ago. Anyone got any experience with the ebay kits? Set of Eagle Leads and Plugs are like $60 compared to $250 at Supercheap and such around where I live. Spark Plugs are like $11 each instore. Fuel Filter was $35 alone and an entire kit on Ebay, fuel filter, oil filter, air filter etc is an odd $50? should I go for them? And replace the O2 sensors?

VN SII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive SII - 91' - VX Executive SII - 02'
Last edited: