Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX - Gutless

VN SII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive SII - 91' - VX Executive SII - 02'
Oh right haha, 'spose overfilling would be better than a massive under-fill ;) haha.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
What about your brakes ? The pistons in the calipers might be sticking ,could need an overhaul . Jack up each corner and give the wheels a spin . Doesn't cost anything > could even be the handbrake adjusted too much . Again costs nothing to check and every other avenue seems to be exhausted .

VN SII

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well I got the Car back, and there's a HUGE difference. When I plant it, it actually goes somewhere haha. Gears change heaps later and the car feels a heap more responsive. Feels like it should be. Lol.

Pumba83

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt s-pack supercharged
Did they check your torque converter while they were at it cos if the tranny fluid was getting hot your t/c will be the next to go especially if its taking too long to change gears. Tip- remember that ecotecs are quite torquey engines and have bugger all at the top off the rev range so don't redline then shift gears most of the torque is found before 4000rpm.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Well I got the Car back, and there's a HUGE difference. When I plant it, it actually goes somewhere haha. Gears change heaps later and the car feels a heap more responsive. Feels like it should be. Lol.

so what was the problem with it ??????????????????????

VN SII

Reaction score
Members Ride
Was Metal in the Box, cause the filter was full so as it tried to pull more oil it'd pull oil and metal. Gotta go in for another flush/auto service in a few months to get the last few pieces that didn't come out this time.

vyseriesII

The Blessed Hellride
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VyS S2 Blown
Bought my SII VX 3 months ago, (V6 Auto 150,xxxk's). And it's absolutely gutless. My VN picked up harder and faster accelerated at a faster pace, my sister's VS and my my Mates VT's all do the same. And my VX gives barely any kick. Apparently the plugs and leads were replaced a month before I bought it, they look new enough and the rest of the Engine bay seems to be in perfect condition. So I'm stumped. I don't even overtake any-more cause I know it'll take longer than it should to get the speed I need. Quit literally feels like I'm driving a 4 Cylinder.
Any suggestions? No error codes either.

The motors in the vn are Buicks and the vx is an ecotec. Buicks had more get up and go off the line. I felt the same thing going from a vr to a vy. The vy felt like a pig compared to the vr. It's amazing what a few old farts whinging about traction loss leaving lights can do to the production of an engine

Glad you got some power back though fixing the gearbox :)

VN SII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Made a better noise too :p. Actually sounded tough without an exhaust.